Bluewater Babes is making waves by recreating our annual Fish for a Cure three-day event into a one-day fun-filled fishing tournament and regatta - all from the safety of your own boat.
Rather than cancel what has become the most anticipated women’s fishing event of the year, Cruise for a Cure will take over the beautiful Jupiter and intracoastal waters, creating a sea of awareness and hope with all the fun you expect from Bluewater Babes!
We Need You Now More Than Ever
In these uncertain times, some things are still certain. Women are still being diagnosed with breast and ovarian cancer every day. And, their needs are even greater when combined with loss of work, income and the stress of the challenging times we are all facing.
Now more than ever, your donations and participation will have a significant impact. We have never let local women in need be forced to choose between paying for cancer treatment and feeding their families, keeping the lights on or paying their rent. We have thankfully never turned anyone away - and we don’t want to let them down now.
We will never postpone our fight for a cure, just as women with breast and ovarian cancer can’t put their diseases on hold. Cancer is relentless - and so are we in supporting local women in need during this time of great uncertainty.
$100 will help cover a portion of a utility bill, while $300 may cover an entire bill or a car payment. Dollar by dollar, funds add up and help ensure we can continue our mission!
Let’s Cruise for a Cure!
$300 Fishing Tournament and Regatta
- One boat entry
- One spot in the regatta
- A 3’ x 5’ custom designed Bluewater Babes flag
$100 Regatta Only
- One regatta spot
- A 3’ x 5’ custom designed Bluewater Babes flag
Schedule of Events
Wednesday, Sept. 9 through Friday, Sept. 11
Bucket Pick-up at Grand Slam Tackle in Riviera Beach
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Stop by Grand Slam in Riviera Beach from Wednesday through Friday to pick up your Bucket sponsored by Grandslam Tackle.
- You will also have a chance to purchase raffle tickets for our amazing baskets and bid on silent auction items while purchasing your last-minute tackle needs.
- Register to win a $100 Grand Slam Tackle gift card
Saturday, Sept. 12
- 7 a.m. - Noon
- Noon - Lines out
- Cruise for a Cure is a KDW (Kingfish, Dolphin, Wahoo) co-ed fishing tournament with a billfish category. This tournament is based on a point system.
- There is NO WEIGH STATION.
- Boats will be assigned a symbol the morning of the tournament to verify that the fish were caught that day.
- Each angler that catches a category fish, must use the symbol and take a photo with the fish and text it along with the name of the boat to the tournament judge - Jim McGrath at 561-262-4610 by Noon.
- The billfish category will follow “GENTLEMEN RULES.” Your catch sheet will be emailed to you once you are registered. Your catch sheet must be signed and texted to Jim McGrath at 561-262-4610 by Noon. Or if you happen to be hooked-up just BEFORE Noon, text or call Jim to let him know
- 12:30 p.m.
- Meet in Jupiter Inlet in front of the Jupiter Lighthouse at 12:30 p.m. Boaters will then cruise from Jupiter to Rybovich Marina - home of Bluewater Babes Fish for a Cure via the Intracoastal Waterway.
Fishing Award Categories - 1st Place Only
- Most Points Kingfish (Each Kingfish = 1 point) Winner $1,000
- Most Points Dolphin (Each Dolphin = 2 points) Winner $1,000
- Most Points Wahoo (Each Wahoo = 3 points) Winner $1,000
- Bluewater Babes Grandslam (one fish of each KDW species) - Winner $1,000
First person to text Jim a picture of all three species in your boat will win this category. Time will be used as a tie breaker.
- Top Billfish Boat - Winner $1,000
Most Points Overall (Blue Marlin – 500 points) (White Marlin – 300 points) (Sailfish – 100 points)
Regatta Award Contest Categories
True to Bluewater Babes are our amazing and fun contests! So we encourage our boaters to go all out and decorate! Winners will receive incredible prizes courtesy of Tito’s Handmade Vodka, The Gardens Mall and other local retailers!
- Best Decorated Boat
- Most Outrageous
- Most Enthusiastic
- Best Costume
- Best Mermaid
Happy Hour After Party - TBA
Fishing Tournament Rules
- Weather: The decision to fish is solely the captain’s choice. All anglers fish at their own risk.
- All sales are final. No entry or regatta refunds - an alternate date will be announced if inclement weather forces us to reschedule.
- All fish must be caught on rod and reel (no electric reels). Kites, wire lines, downriggers and planers are allowed. Live bait, dead bait, and artificial baits are permitted. No restrictions on line test.
- The eastern fishing boundary line is 25 nautical miles. Fishing in the Bahamas is prohibited.
- All state and federal recreational fishing rules regarding weight, size, and bag limits must be observed. State fishing license is required by law. Only legal sized fish will count.
- No limits to the number of lines a boat may fish.
- Cash will be awarded based on point structure.
- Cash will be awarded to the person/entity that paid the entry fee from the winning boat.
- If a species category remains vacant, that prize will not be awarded.
- Tournament will monitor channel 72.
Bluewater Babes Charitable Trust, officials, committee members, sponsors and all other persons involved directly or indirectly with the operations of the tournament shall be exempt from any loss, damage, negligence, harm or injury suffered to any participant, guest, vessel or equipment which may occur during the tournament or events. Boats using the Jupiter Inlet should do so with caution. Jupiter Inlet is a dangerous inlet.